We are looking for an experienced Event coordinator to organize excellent events. You will be responsible for every aspect of an event, from choosing venues to evaluating success afterwards.
An event coordinator must be well-organized and competent in vendor management. Communication skills and attention to detail will set apart the best among the candidates. Add a shot of enthusiasm, humour and passion for the job and you’ll be our ideal candidate.
The goal is to organize unforgettable events that will ensure the entertainment of participants and facilitate the completion of business objectives.
- Understand requirements for each event; purpose and goals
- Plan event with attention to financial and time constraints – be good at excel
- Book venues and schedule speakers
- Research vendors (catering, decorators, musicians etc.) and choose the best combination of quality and cost
- Negotiate with vendors to achieve the most favourable terms
- Manage all event operations (preparing venue, invitations etc.)
- Do final checks at the day of the event (e.g. tables, technology) to ensure everything meets standards
- Oversee event happenings and act quickly to resolve problems
- Evaluate event’s success and submit reports
- Be ok with evening and weekend work, which can occur
- Proven experience as event coordinator or similar
- Fluent in English, French written and oral
- Proactive and “up with the sleeves” attitude
- A proven track record of organizing successful events
- Proficient in MS Office and programs like InDesign would be an asset
- Social media skills
- Excellent vendor management skills
- Outstanding communication and negotiation ability
- Well-organized with multi-tasking skills
- Able to handle stress and remain calm
- Problem-solving ability
- Degree in hospitality management, marketing, sales, public relations or any relevant field is preferred
How to apply:
Send you motivation letter and your CV to email@example.com send it a.s.a.p. we will continuously invite candidates for interviews. Deadline 1st august 2017.